The year 5775 saw a number of highlights for RJV’s work to create an Empire State of Tzedek. Take a look at the year’s achievements:
- We submitted testimony to the State Assembly in support of single-payer health care.
- We participated in Westchester Congregations Community’s social justice training led by the URJ and the RAC.
- We worked with NFTY-NAR on their Teen Advocacy Day to bring over 80 teens to Albany and prepare them to lobby the State Senate and Assembly.
- We mobilized against Education Incentive Tax Credit (also known as Parental Choice in Education Tax Credit) legislation by working with coalitions on six press conferences and lobbying events, and writing letters to all state legislators and the Governor.
- We joined Reform Jews from around North America at the Religious Action Center’s Consultation on Conscience in Washington, D.C.
- Our annual May Advocacy Day brought about 40 advocates to Albany at the height of the legislative season.
- We joined with Faith for a Fair New York for several Moral Monday vigils and lobbying events at the state Capitol on issues such as minimum wage increases, moral budgeting and education funding.
- We joined forces with Strong East Ramapo for a lobby day in June and a press conference advocates in support of strong oversight legislation.
- We submitted testimony to the New York Department of Labor’s Wage Board in support of increasing the minimum wage to $15/hour for all workers.